I want to thank all those who have visited this site. You guys are the best! However, what I’m going to say next is not going to be the greatest. This is just a notice that there will be no update next week (May 17, 2009) because I’ll be writing exams. (Whee.) I apologize for that in advance and again, thank all those who have visited this site. But don’t worry, updates will resume as normal the week after that (May 24, 2009) with a new post, layout, and a new page with all the past featured fanworks. See you then!
P.S. As stated in the “About” section of this page, if anyone wants to contribute to this site and write a post themselves about HA!, they can do so by registering a WordPress account and then notifying me of the email address they used for their account so that I can add them as a contributing author. Contact me via my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or just writing a comment on this site. (WordPress works just like any other blog.) Anyhoo, thanks for reading!
Arnold: “Did… you hear something just now?”
(Only the sound of Helga finding out that you just screwed her over, Arnold.)
– Whenever Helga finds out that Arnold is, in some way, responsible for putting her in a bad situation (e.g. such as getting her chased by a large angry mob in “Arnold’s Halloween”), she will fiercely scream Arnold’s name out in the open – so loud that it echoes and can even be heard across Hillwood City!
– In this gag, Arnold may or may not know that he is responsible for Helga’s misfortune.
– The not-good-for-Helga ploys that Arnold carries out in these gags are usually done with Gerald, and the plan is usually Arnold or Gerald’s.
– Helga usually throws both her fists in the air as she shouts. Nobody better be in her way or POW!
– Lucky for Arnold (and Gerald), he isn’t with Helga when she has just been given the bad news.
– As Helga’s shout echoes through the air, the scene usually zooms out to a larger scenery (e.g. to outside of P.S. 118 in “Downtown as Fruits”), then immediately switches to Arnold and Gerald.
– It is usually Arnold, out of the many people, who happens to hear Helga’s fury. One HA! fan, Seraphimkiss, once said she interprets it as proof that Arnold and Helga are soul mates because he intuitively knows that Helga just yelled at him.
– Upon hearing Helga’s scream, Arnold usually asks Gerald if he heard it as well. The line he usually asks is: “Did… you hear something just now?” The “did” part is usually stretched out (i.e. saying “diiiiid” instead of “did”). I just chose to use ellipsis (…) instead of writing additional “i’s” for the “did” part simply for aesthetic reasons.
– In response to Arnold’s question, Gerald always answers “no”. What, nobody else heard it?
– There have been rare instances where it is Gerald hears Helga’s scream, and not Arnold. And the Gerald x Helga shippers go wild.
Examples of when the “ARNOOOLD!! Gag” is Used
- “Downtown as Fruits”
- “Arnold’s Halloween”
If you see any more episodes that have this gag, please feel free to write a comment to this post and let me know!